December 27, 2010

From The Mohican Hotel

New London, Connecticut
January 6, 1919


Dear Pa and Ma,

Well, we didn't shove off this morning but are getting away tonight at 11:30. We go by boat to New York so we get to sleep all night. From the pier at New York we go to the Pennsylvania Depot, and get a train on to Philadelphia.

Your illustrious son is in charge of the party of twelve, and I have all our records, transportation, and money for meals, etc. It's no good job though, for if anyone gets lost or I lose any of our records, I'm out of luck.

Has snowed all day but isn't very cold. I thought today that if I ran around in the snow with my neck uncovered like we do now, the people would think me crazy.

I dropped Aunt Katy Gault a note today.

Think I'll go down and see a picture show til eleven o'clock, and help pass the time that way.

Love to all of you,
Heywood

(Postmarked New London, Connecticut, Jan. 6, 1919)

No comments:

Post a Comment